FEDERAL MASK MANDATE FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION REMAINS IN EFFECT.
Proclamation 20-25.13 – Healthy Washington
UPDATE MAY 2021 – Governor Inslee’s extension provides that all counties are in Phase 3 as of May 18, 2021 incorporate the new CDC face covering guidance, adopted by the Governor on May 13, 2021, which generally provides that fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a mask inside or outside, except in certain locations (health care settings, correctional facilities, homeless shelters, schools and PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION).
Central Transit will continue the following actions:
- Mark off seats immediately behind the operator and seats throughout the bus to encourage social distancing.
- Clean and disinfect buses to include not only daily cleanings but also disinfecting throughout the day when buses arrive at transit stops, with a focus on “high touch” areas such as handrails and grab bars.
- Provide drivers with disinfecting wipes, gloves, masks and hand sanitizer.
- Riders will be encouraged to:
- Wear a mask
- Use open seats
- Practice good hygiene, i.e. cover coughs and sneezes
- Not to ride the Transit System if not feeling well
Central Transit riders can stay informed by visiting our website or visit us on our Central Transit Facebook page.