March 23, 2020
Due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak and in an attempt to protect customers and agency employees, Central Transit is taking steps to increase social distancing in its operations. These precautions are in effect until further notice.
Central Transit has taken the following actions:
- Marked off seats immediately behind the operator and seats throughout the bus to encourage social distancing.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of buses to include not only daily cleanings but also disinfecting throughout the day when buses arrive at transit stops, with a focus on “high touch” areas such as handrails and grab bars.
- Provided drivers with disinfecting wipes, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
- Riders will be encouraged to:
- Use open seats
- Practice good hygiene, i.e. cover coughs and sneezes
- Not to ride the Transit System if ill
Central Transit riders can stay informed by visiting our website or visit us on our Central Transit Facebook page.